TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
Workplace Training in Victoria (for training outside of Victoria please contact our oﬃce)
Information for Employers ‐ This training can be successfully delivered in a Workplace, provided the employer is fully aware of their roles and responsibilities, and can provide suitable facilities and equipment. The employer must also facilitate the removal of the student from normal work duties for the training and assessment. OZFORKS will communicate with the employer prior to booking to ensure that these requirements can be met.
This training is delivered within the workplace via a combination of face to face training, self-paced learning and on the job operation of the forklift truck and will provide students with the knowledge and experience to be assessed for a High Risk Work Licence (LF). Students benefit from being able to gain skills and knowledge over time and at their own pace. On successful completion of this course students will be issued with;
- A statement of attainment for the unit TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- WorkSafe Notice of Assessment
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Must reside in Victoria
- Must provide Drivers Licence or other photo Identification which contains Photo, Date of Birth and (see ID list over page)
- Basic English, literacy and numeracy skills at a level suﬃcient to read and interpret workplace documentation and carry out basic mathematical calculations
- Must not currently hold an equivalent High Risk Work Licence (LF) from any jurisdiction in Australia
- High Risk Work and WHS Legislation
- Planning Work including safe work practices, hazard identification and controls
- Forklift truck components and dynamics
- Pre‐Start Checks
- Operational Checks
- Shifting Loads
- Emergency Procedures
- Shut down and secure forklift
Metro Suburbs: $450 pp - Minimum 2 applicants required
Rural Areas: $495 pp - Minimum 4 applicants required, for distances greater than 200km
from CBD, accommodation costs may be required.
Additional licensing fee is payable to WorkSafe Victoria via Australia Post within 60 days of assessment. For current licensing fees visit www.worksafe.vic.gov.au
Re‐Assessment: $200.00 per person Verbal Assessment: $ 90.00 per person
If the trainer attends the site and one or more of the students are absent, an hourly rate of$80 will be applied to any required additional visit/s to train/assess that student/s Depending on site location, travel costs may be charged, this will be listed in your quote if applicable.
Full course fees payable on enrolment unless other terms have been negotiated. Payment options will be on your invoice and include direct deposit, Visa and Mastercard.
Standard Workplace Forklift Course Structure
Based on our many years experience in the industry, the standard course structure described below is our recommended workplace course.
Duration (up to maximum of 2 months)
2 Visits with self-paced study and log book to be completed between visits.
Day 1 Introduction to the knowledge content and practical driving requirements (usually a four hour session) Self-Paced Learners Guides / Activity Book / Log Book of on the job Forklift operation
Day 2 Revision of Knowledge and Practical followed by Assessment.
Note: Experienced operators may not be required to complete log book if they demonstrate driving skills to the required standard on the first visit.
Experienced Operator Forklift Course Structure
A one day course is available for students that have already gained comprehensive forklift operator experience. Evidence of this experience needs to be supplied on enrolment. Please contact our oﬃce for more information on this course.
Assessment of this unit is done using a mandated assessment tool that consists of
- Written Assessment
- Calculation Assessment
- Practical Driving Assessment
The assessment must be conducted in English without the use of an interpreter. The outcome of the assessment will be Competent or Not Yet Competent. If you are not yet competent your trainer will develop a revised training plan with you, and you will have an opportunity to re‐sit the assessment. Please refer to the fee section for information of re‐assessment fees.
Information on ID
WorkSafe's aim is to ensure that the person to whom they issue a High Risk Work licence is the person who attended the training. In order to accomplish this WorkSafe require Seaton Training (RTO) and OZFORKS to verify the identity of the training course
Examples of Documents that can be used as proof of identification:
- Passport (Australian Passport current or expired within the last two years, but not cancelled, International Passport must be current)
- Drivers Licence or Boat Operator Licence – Australian with photo, must be current
- Drivers Learners Permit – Australian with photo, must be current
- Firearm Licence – Victorian with photo must be
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work or equivalent photo certificate of competency that is current, not
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID Card with photo
- Other Australian Government issued ID card with photo
- Photo Identity Card issued by a Tertiary Education Institution must be current
- Keypass ID Card with photo, must be current or Consumer Aﬀairs Victoria Proof of Age Card with photo
- On each day of your course, your trainer will need to sight your original Photo Identification and obtain a photocopy which will be kept on file by Seaton Training as per WorkSafe's Proof of Identity requirements. Accepted ID must contain Photo, ID Type, Number, Expiry Date, Signature and Date of Birth of
- Complete documentation with a OZFORKS Representative to ensure the workplace meets resource requirements
- Read the course information and Student Information Booklet available on our web site or from our oﬃce.
- Make the course information / Student Information booklet available to students prior to enrolment
- Read this course information and the Student Information booklet available on our web site or from our oﬃce prior to enrolment
- Wear fully enclosed footwear such as safety boots and long pants and shirt
- Have photo ID (example Australian Drivers Licence, Passport or Proof of Age card)
- Supply or apply for a USI number (please see student information booklet under USI for more information)
This training is delivered in partnership with Seaton Training Pty Ltd RTO 22279 Suite 4, Lvl 1, 328 Lyttleton Vic 3550 PO Box 85 Axedale Vic 3551
Ph: (03) 5433 6223